Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HBO Special on Women in Small Businesses

Last Wednesday I had the opportunity to be part of a HBO Special about women in small businesses. When I was contacted about allowing HBO to film the Women's Breakfast my first thought was, "how did I get so lucky." But, it wasn't luck. It was long hours of agressively promoting my clients' products and services. It was not my intentions to be on camera. I was interviewed because I was the organizer of "the movement."  (I have to admit that during the interview my thoughts were on Candice from Skintique - I was thinking - "I need Candice to do my eyebrows and my makeup", "I'm going to look like crap on camera." ) Until that moment there was no "movement".  By the end of the breakfast there was a women in business movement and another documentary opportunity. I wasn't excited about being on TV. I was excited that the way I approach marketing works and produces results (sales) for my clients. If you are selling clothing don't promote sunrises and coffee or share music videos. Share your expertise and the quality of your merchandise and services. Your potential client is not interested in bullshit or fluff. 

Life outside of Evergreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment