Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spirit Horse - Robyn Hanna, The Winterfest Art and Craft Show


Robyn describes the "Spirit Horse" as a bit of Nature and Nurture and a Whisper of Whimsy, of gathered treasures that would be found on a woodland hike: pine cones, twigs, and feathers.  Taking these gifts from Mother Nature and sewing them together with hand-dyed fabrics to create unique sculptured horses with embellishments of beads to add a bit of romance and sparkle.

Robyn explains: A long process from start to finish, I make the Spirit Horses in "herds", several horses at a time, that emerge with each step into their own personality. Like snowflakes, no two are alike. I watch as each little horse grows in my hands, I see changes in expression and soul that will guide me to giving it a name to match it's spirit.

I love marrying the different materials together.  he trinkets I've found, the ones I've made and those I've searched out. Bringing them together into the image of such majestic creatures.  Horses have always inspired me with their beauty and spirit.  As they brighten my life every day, I hope my Spirit Horses will bring a little light to whomever they encounter.
You may contact Robyn at  robynjh@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment