Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Letter From Valynne to Evergreen.

Dear Evergreen,

Here it is, 1-11-11...how cool is that? Paul and I rang in the new year here on Signal Mountain in Tennessee with our new roommate, Shadow the Cat. We are enjoying our nomadic lifestyle as Caretaking Couple immensely, but that doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten our friends out west! Fortunately we can keep in touch via various social media outlets these days. However, we all know that a good old-fashioned visit is always best. This sit goes until May, so you can expect to see us sometime after that.

Anyhoo, Linda and I keep in touch with each other on facebook and she was kind enough invite me over to My Evergreen Biz to talk about my new facebook page “Coach Valynne”, which will chronicle my quest for health and wellness the good old-fashioned way - through fitness and nutrition and a network of supportive friends

I know some of you may be snickering...after all, a fair percentage of you know me from the bar (where I spent many a night on either side) or the farmers markets (where I spent and bartered away my profits on more food and drink). Not to mention the Brit, who is famous in certain (all?) circles as Evergreen’s most enthusiastic consumer of beer (I even created a Newcastle beer soap and named it Paul’s Pint in his honor).

Let’s just say that I’ve had an epiphany of sorts; that a scale and a pair of too small size 12 jeans (stretched to the max) were involved. I will spare the general public the details (if you want the details, you can find them on my facebook and/or Beachbody page) aside from the fact that when I decided that enough was enough and committed to a healthier lifestyle, I began to see major results.

How did I go about this, you ask? I did it by enlisting the help of two of the healthiest, happiest people we know. Their names are Bill and Lisa and they just happen to live in Evergreen. Both of them are Beachbody Coaches, so I decided to imitate them. I got my ChaLEAN Extreme videos back out and started exercising for real, plus I ordered Shakeology for both Paul and I. I even became a Beachbody Coach myself. Yes, I am simplifying things a bit here, but I wanted to keep this short and sweet (I try to reserve the major ramblings for my own blog posts).

Now, you know where to find us in between visits to our "home base". I am making this the year of health and happiness and would love for you to be a part of it. And while you are here, why don't you leave a quick comment on Linda's awesome blog? Thank you, Linda! And thank you, readers of My Evergreen Biz! Can't wait to see you all again. XO

Valynne

No comments:

Post a Comment