Tuesday, May 4, 2010

THE BAG LADY IS BACK!!!


It's been four years since I did Business in the Bag. I collected coupons for businesses, stuffed them into brown bags, took my folding table and went to every art show, craft show, Jazzfest, Rodeo, etc. There were a few events that were a surprise, like the Evergreen Animal Protection League festival at the Hiwan Homestead. The day before a tarot reader had warned me that I would be attacked be a very big black dog and would take years to recover. The place was filled with big black dogs!!!
There were no big black dog incidents, but a few weeks later on my only "hike" into nature, a mile into the trail to Mt. Falcon, I encountered a black bear. I dropped my German Shephard's lease, and said run Nicki, run, and damn it the dog did.
I walked quickly, and the bear followed me slowly, and I hoped my friends would find the humor in me, the Vegetarian, being eaten by a bear. Nicki was waiting next to the car. And, that was the last time she would ever go near the car.

Okay, back to The Business in the Bag. On July 8th thru 11th, the Evergreen High School classes of 1973-1977 will be in town for their class reunion. Thursday, the 8th is their welcome reception at Mt. Vernon. I'm putting together "Opportunity Bags" with coupons from our local businesses. The bags are 7x3.5x15, so make your coupons fit. Lelah Doyle is the organizer of the reunion, she thinks she will get 800 guests. I'm planning for 500 guests, I think it will be mostly couples, so I'm going with 250 "Opportunity Bags." I will pick up your coupons June 14th-19th, email me when your coupons are ready myevergreenbiz@gmail.com No, there is no charge ! This is an opportunity to generate additional business and maybe convince some of these former residents that this is a great place to move back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment