Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bikers' Bang Broad on Little Bear's Boardwalk


I was thinking, I was looking pretty good. I had my 4" high heel boots on, my leather jacket and I was styling. I was almost to the entrance between The Little Bear and The Ice House when suddenly I was on my ass on the boardwalk. There was a man and woman in full leathers standing over me. I had no clue where they came from or why I was sitting on the boardwalk. They were extremely concerned and apologizing profusely. They were exiting The Little Bear and the door hit me (The door opens out onto the boardwalk.) I was stunned and muttered something about The Ice House. They helped me up and into The Ice House. Alex Witt, owner of Force Fitness and Breakout Marketing came to my aide, followed by Kristin Witt, local author and motivational speaker. Kristin assured the concerned biker couple that I was fine and the minor disorientation was my norm.
The Little Bear is a legendary and notorious rock and roll bar. The building and adjoining building, The Evergreen Hotel, dates back to the late 1800's. The building was a church and then a drug store. The Little Bear is rustic, filled with decades of memorabilia and of course bras hanging from the beams. It is world renown!
Check out their website www.thelittlebearsaloon.com
Thursday night The Little Bear has a burger, fries and draft beer for $5.00 for "the locals". You need to purchase a VIP pin for a $1.oo before Thursday night.
Friday, May 21st, there is a half off admission to Strike III. You can print the coupon off their website.
The Little Bear is not the only place with music. The Ice House, next door, has open mike night on Thursday. Always a local favorite.
Cactus Jack's Bar & Grill, in the heart of Evergreen, at the base of the dam, has music on the deck overlooking Bear Creek. They have nightly drink specials and 40 cent wings all day Sunday. www.cactusjacksaloon.com
Cactus Jack's is also "green" they recycle everything and is one of the driving forces in the "green movement" in Evergreen.
The Stagecoach Grill is in its first month in its new location. It was The Rib Crib, an Evergreen favorite for decades. They will be having bands on the outside patio. Sorry, their website is not up and running yet.
And, of course there are the free concerts at the Lake. Enjoy a weekend in Evergreen!

1 comment:

  1. O.M.G. Linda...I seriously think we may be related!

    ReplyDelete