Sunday, May 30, 2010

Friday Night at Stoneheart Gallery











Cynthia Reid, the featured artist.
Contemporary Impressionist.
Cynthia uses a palette knife technique to juxtapose complementary, vibrant colors, recreating the joy, beauty, and texture of the natural world. There is a particular emphasis on the shifting of light and shadow. Cynthia believes that painting is about trusting her intuition and the process, while being open to the unpredictable.
I want to point out that I have not become a master art critic, I copied the above info from Cynthia's website. Cynthia quotes Thomas Aldrich (Leaves from a Notebook) on her website. I think it explains Cynthia's philosophy.
"I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."


1 comment:

  1. Great to be a part of your blog Linda! Thank you so much for sharing!!
    MAK

    ReplyDelete