Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gluten Free Cookie

My blog is about the Mountain communities and the businesses and activities I encounter while out and about. This is a Texas based business, but it was so good I had to share it with everyone. Vitamin Cottage/Natural Grocers was having a gluten free seminar and tasting fair. (I will post about it tomorrow). What caught my attention as I entered Natural Grocers was the distinguished older gentleman setting up a vibrant pink table. He was doing it with attention and great care. It was apparent that he believed in this product. So what would inspire this man to drive up from Texas in a truck with a pink daisy on it and set up a very pink display in Natural
Grocers, filled primarily with women? I asked him, and he told me that all of Deborah Kaye's Cookies are hand made with natural and organic ingredients. The cookies have a light crispy carmelization on the outside and a chewy middle. The big cookie takes three days to make. The finest "Certified Gluten Free" Oats from "Bob Red Mill" goes into the preparation of each cookie. Organic coconut, sucanut, wild flower honey, natural vanilla, organic fresh eggs are base ingredients for this product . He did not have to tell me all that - one taste convinced me - these are really, really, good!
Deborah Kaye's grandmother made the cookies for her family. On of Deborah Kaye's sons suggested she make the cookies for other people. Her first customers were JB's Coffee Shop and Natural Health Market in Lubbock, Texas. After two years, her husband left his job of 28 years in the food industry, they built a commercial kitchen and expanded their business. It is important to them to provide their customers with the best possible cookie (that happens to be gluten free)
Deborah Kaye's Cookies come in three flavors: Oatmeal Chocolate Pecan, Oatmeal Walnut, and Oatmeal Raisin. www.deborahkayes.com




No comments:

Post a Comment